You've got the right to know what you're putting into your body. For us, it's a no-brainer to share what our products are made from. No secrets here. Riley tampons are:
- 100% certified organic cotton
- Chlorine bleach-free
- Smooth, 100% recyclable plant-based applicators, made from sugar cane
- Manufactured in Europe with ethical partners
- Light absorbency 🩸 <6 grams
- Regular absorbency 🩸🩸 6-9 grams
- Super absorbency 🩸🩸🩸 9-12 grams
- Super+ absorbency 🩸🩸🩸🩸 12-15 grams
Plus, they come straight to your door when you need them. What's not to love?
Just want to try a box out first? No problem, we get it. Simply build your box here and then cancel or edit your subscription, free of charge.
- 12x applicator tampons per pouch
- FREE shipping with all orders €40 or more!
What tampon absorbency should I use?
Did you know that your tampon should always be soaked in blood when removed?
It's so important to use the right absorbency to suit your flow. Everyone's period flow changes throughout their menstrual phase. Here's a full breakdown of when to use each absorbency and remember to change your tampon frequently (we recommend every 3-4 hours):
- 🩸 <6 grams
- Can be used for very light flow periods or towards the end of menstruation
- 🩸🩸 6-9 grams
- Can be used for medium flow periods or in the middle of menstruation
- 🩸🩸🩸 9-12 grams
- Can be used for heavy flow periods or at the beginning of menstruation
- 🩸🩸🩸🩸 12-15 grams
- Can be used for very heavy flow periods or at the beginning of menstruation
What exactly are Riley tampons made of?
- The tampons themselves are made with 100% certified organic cotton
- Our accreditations include:
- 100% certified organic cotton
- STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX
- Totally Chlorine Free (TCF)
- Free of pesticides
- Free of chemical additives
- Free of fragrance or dyes
- Vegan and non-animal testing certifications
- Tested for sensitivity / hypoallergenic (Derma test)
- The tampon string is cleverly woven in during production therefore, we do not use glues like other mainstream period care brands
- The applicators are plant-based and made from sugar cane which is a renewable resource and can be rinsed and recycled after use
- The tampon wrappers are made from wood pulp, are biodegradable and compostable to EN13432
Want to know more? Head to this link to find out all you need to know about our products :)
Are Riley products certified GOTS?
Yes! We've been independently reviewed by the Soil Association and our pads and naked tampons are certified GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) which is an organisation developed by leading standard setters to define world-wide recognised requirements for organic textiles.
What is Toxic Shock Syndrome?
Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS) is caused by a reaction of blood and bacteria so while it can happen when a tampon is left in too long, it can also occur with any period product, including reusable ones like a menstrual cup and reusable pads. Something else that isn't widely known is that it can actually happen to men, women and children, so it can affect anyone.
We take all necessary precautions to make sure our products are top quality and include zero chlorine bleach, glues, pesticides, toxins or any other harmful chemicals like other mainstream brands but we unfortunately cannot guarantee that TSS will not occur due to it being a result of a bacterial infection from the blood.
Everyone needs to be extremely careful when it comes to TSS and we should be changing our period products every 3-4 hours.
Head to our blog post to learn more about TSS.